
Last week I decided to laminate a sign for the church nursery. It was early morning and I was getting the toddler ready for music class, doing my makeup, and only about 10 other things, all at the same time. I don't know why I thought running the hot laminator on the kitchen counter {across the house from me} would be some quick easy thing... especially in the midst of the crazy our house was going though that morning. - How many times do you tell a kid to put socks on before you decided it really doesn't matter if they wear socks or not? For me, it's 5.. 5 times..
Long story short- someone decided to laminate a dollar bill... As you can see by the picture, it was a huge fail.
The pouch had been cut so it wrinkled up and melted into a giant mess inside the machine and wouldn't come out.
The big kids acted smart and quickly unplugged the laminator when it started stinking. They yelled for me and I hauled the thing outside to the middle of the driveway, so it wouldn't melt to the counter top. Yep, just a typical week day at our house.
The memories I'm keeping from this fiasco are:
- The boy realizing his dollar was ruined: "Man! I should've used a quarter". Money really means nothing to a 7 year old. I am thankful for that.
- My oldest staying calm and handling things well before I got on the scene. We've been working a lot on the staying calm stuff, and she did fantastic.
- My husband walking in the door from work and having the whole thing took apart, fixed, and back together within 20 minutes (again, thank you YouTube). He heard what happened earlier in the day and didn't even question why I tried to take on so many things at once.
#thejoysofboys
No comments:
Post a Comment
Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer
Thank you for the L♥VE!