Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Stop Saying NO Out of Fear



As a very young mom I was asked into a volunteer position.  I never accepted it while that person who asked me was still in leadership.  I felt like I was too inexperienced.  I was immature, and I thought I wasn't "good enough" for it.  I felt guilty for telling this woman who asked me, "No".  I really looked up to her, and this hurt to deny her.  I think I probably even made up some excuse as to why I couldn't accept her offer, and I tricked myself into believing it too.  I probably said I was "too busy", the most overused excuse everrrr.

I felt guilty because it actually sounded like a lot of fun, I secretly really wanted to do it, and I felt so honored to be asked!  She told me it wasn't a big deal if I couldn't take it on, but then she also said something that still echoes in my head today:

  "Don’t say NO to this because you don’t think you know how to do it.  None of us really know what we’re doing here.” 
She laughed a little as she said it.  Then she said this:
 “God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called". 

A couple of years later I volunteered myself for the position, this time, knowing I really wasn't "good enough" for it.  That was okay.  God made me enough for it.  Really.  I still don’t know for sure what I’m doing, but God constantly floods my mind with these ideas, and they seem to work for His glory.

Yes. 

All the glory goes to Him. 

Please my dear friends (you are all dear to me, and you are all my friends here), don’t keep saying NO out of fear of inexperience. 

Say “YES, with God’s help I will!” 

Pray through it.  Humble yourself, and ask for help.  The rest will follow. 

Set up a network of supporters and mentors you can go to when you need help. 

Whatever it is you’re ready to take on, I’m here for you.  Use my contact buttons to reach me.  I’ll pray for you, and help you through, in any tangible way I can. 
 
Promise. 


 
https://www.youtube.com/ASlightlyBetterWife  www.Facebook.com/ASlightlyBetterWife http://www.pinterest.com/BetterWife/ ASlightlyBetterWife@Gmail.com http://www.amazon.com/ref=as_li_ss_sm_fb_us_ndp_tl?_encoding=UTF8&camp=213733&creative=399841&linkCode=shr&tag=aslibetwif-20&linkId=FGA4MFV7NGOPWZ3E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer

Thank you for the L♥VE!