Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I was on facebook today.  Alright, I'm on facebook like, everyday-  But something caught my eye from FamilyLife Weekend to Remember.

 "Wikipedia defines marriage as " a social union or legal contract between people that creates kinship." Oh wow - how romantic does that sound, Wikipedia? Really though - how would you define marriage? Give it your best shot!"

I was really disappointed, I mean seriously a legal contract?  Yeah okay, I'll admit there have been times early on in my marriage (during a custody battle we were fighting with my husbands ex) that if we didn't have a legal contract in place, I may not have stuck it out.  We've had our rough patches but we love each other.  I know our marriage is much more than that crappy little definition from Wikipedia.  Wikipedia has been very helpful to me and a great resource normally, but this really let me down.

One FB user responded with:
 "A beautiful picture of Christ's love for us! An unending union between two people who God ordained to be together! A perfectly imperfect union!"

I thought that was an amazing way to define marriage. A Christian marriage is beautiful picture.  The bond, friendship, and true companionship between my husband and I is unlike anything I've ever experienced anywhere other than with Christ.

So how would you define your marriage? 
I'm trying to think of ONE WORD to describe my marriage, but the only thing that comes to mind is indescribable or awesome... I know I can do better than that ;)  
  I will think about this and post when I have an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer

Thank you for the L♥VE!