Do you create a Summer Bucket List?
I’ve made one, and it almost always includes these crazy
elaborate crafts, or far off places to visit.
It’s not reasonable. I end the
summer feeling like a failure when I look at my list. Of course we’ve usually done many fun little
things, but they don’t look so great when you write them down. Ugh, why do I even care if they’re “share
worthy”? I shouldn’t, really.
I’ve printed off various versions of bucket lists from
Pinterest.
The problem is I have children ranging from a toddler to a
preteen, both girls and a boy. I have
yet to find a version that suits our family perfectly.
So this year, I decided to make it simple. I’m still making a
Summer Bucket List, because:
I think they are fun
I like lists,
and it gives us something to look forward to.
However I am humbly lowering my expectations and deciding
that our summer theme will be PRACTICAL.
We’ll probably base it off of free local events, food (because everyone
needs to eat), and things we already have on hand, like scooters, bubbles,
bikes, kites, etc. We’ll just take them to
more places than our front yard and the same park we always visit.
Are you making a Summer Bucket List? If so, what will you add to it?

I love making a summer bucket list!! Various parks, s'mores, playing in the sprinkler... It all seems more fun when you get to check it off a list!
ReplyDelete