Thursday, April 9, 2015

Feeling Knocked Down? Fear Not, Get Up Again!



Once in a while I go desperately looking for verses to pull me through whatever mess I have going on in my life.  Then I go to Biblegateway.com and I look the verse up in a few different versions, just to get another perspective on it. 

While I didn’t particularly feel like I “needed” it, this verse caught my eye today.  I thought it was a good idea to share it here so I could come back to it when I really DO need it
"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee."

Psalm 56:3King James Version (KJV)


 
Okay, that’s nice, and I get it.  But when I look it up in another version I REALLY get it.

"But when I am afraid, I will put my confidence in you. Yes, I will trust the promises of God. And since I am trusting him, what can mere man do to me?"

Psalm 56:3Living Bible (TLB)

 
And then, just for kicks, I looked it up using “The Message” version.    Oh how I had wished I read this back in High School:

A David Psalm, When He Was Captured by the Philistines in Gath


"Take my side, God—I’m getting kicked around,
    stomped on every day.
Not a day goes by
    but somebody beats me up;
They make it their duty
    to beat me up.
When I get really afraid
    I come to you in trust.
I’m proud to praise God;
    fearless now, I trust in God.
    What can mere mortals do?"

Psalm 56:3The Message (MSG)

 

 


Remember, whatever mess you're going through, trust in God to pull you through and turn that mess into a message for his Glory.  It may seem impossible right now, but someday, your story will help someone. 
 I am living proof that your hardships do not define you or destroy you.  They may restore and rebuild you into something better than you ever imagined.  You WILL come out on top of this mess, my dear.


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer

Thank you for the L♥VE!