Sunday, March 2, 2014

Recipe: Yummy Water!

I don’t love drinking water.  Some people do, I’m not one of them.  I manage to drink plenty, but I don’t always enjoy doing it.  Different types of water have different flavors to me.  Some of them make me down right nauseous.   I’m not a big soda drinker either, but I do love me some black tea or coffee.  mmm-mmmmm… Sun tea! 
When I saw this recipe on Confessions of a Homeschooler I knew I had to try it, for two reasons:  One: As a way to drink more water.  Two: Because it was an easy recipe, and making easy recipes makes me feel accomplished!  I didn't add the mint, because I didn't have any on hand. I wish I did!  I'll have to try it that way next time. 

Check out her post and read some of the comments.  There’s good info there!

You can cut your cucumber and lemon with a sharp knife.  I personally LOVE using my mandolin slicer.   My husband nags (says) that it’s one more dish to wash.  He’s right.  But I love it anyway!  I’ve had it for years and years. I think I may have picked it up at Target, or the Kitchen Collection Store.  Those are my favorite places to get kitchen gadgets.

When I was finished I realized I hadn’t eaten my tangerine from lunch (because I was busy photographing my other food).  So sliced that up and tossed some of it in my water bottle.  The rest went in my daughter’s.  Hers has been sitting untouched on the counter for a while now... She thinks it’s strange. 
We love our Camelbak bottles.  I had admired a few different friends using them before I finally broke down and bought them for our family.  Now we’ve also been buying them for gifts too!  They’re easy to clean and replacement parts if you need them, are cheap.
 Having this bottle really does help me to drink more water!  Disclaimer:  I am a water bottle addict.  I buy a new one every month or two.  I’ve had this one for probably like 6 months or so and still love it!    When we go on trips I bring along a gallon jug of water to refill our bottles.


What do YOU like to add to your water?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer

Thank you for the L♥VE!