At 6:30am I made a phone call to tell my husband he left the bedroom light on. He was in the kitchen, 50ft away at the time.
Pretty mature, huh?
I would've just hollered, but I didn't want to wake the sleeping babes in the house. & I would've turned it off myself, really I would have... Except I didn't want to.
I was being lazy, and it was kind of the principle of it, you know?
He turned it on, he could turn it off...
He's a good guy, so he came back, turned the light off, and whispered some encouraging words and hinted that I should get up. I'm so glad he did!
Those extra minutes this morning have added volumes to my day! I think this will become my new thing again. I used to wake early and found it quite satisfying. Somehow through nursing a baby, homeschooling, or whatever, I got out of the routine of having "me time" in the morning.
Why do we do that?
We find something that works for us, then we let ourselves get out of routine.
Adversely, why do we not search for what works better when we are discontent or troubled?
Maybe we just don't realize things could be better.
For me, life changed big this past year. It wasn't the typical adding another baby or a death in the family, but a wake up call in another form that changed me.
The situation(s) I'm referring to seemed devastating at the time. I was confused and hurt. Everything I thought to be true proved very false. I didn't know exactly what to think. I kept thinking of the ripple effect from this particular event and how it would "ruin my everything".
My routine was disrupted and I couldn't control it.
It was rather uncomfortable, to be honest. At first it left me feeling alone. Then it forced me a step or two or three out of my comfort zone.
I later reflected and wondered, why was that place called a "comfort zone"? It wasn't really comfortable, it was just familiar.
Familiar is not the same as comfortable.
How am I just learning this now, after 20+ years of life?
In this new place just beyond my so-called comfort zone I've discovered more community, more authenticity, more honesty and more care than I've ever known before.
Had my routine not been disrupted, I wouldn't have known this beautiful place.
There is beauty beyond pain.
There is something better out there waiting for you.
Go get it.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer
Thank you for the L♥VE!