Friday, April 15, 2011

You know what is SO cool.

 My favorite 3 year old just peeled a banana, that judging by the peel, I said was too far gone to enjoy ( I thought this first 2 days ago, but it stayed on the counter.  I had bought new bananas and placed them next to this one anyway).  But he insisted, even though I said it would be mushy, and he wouldn't like it, I said he could grab a new one.. yet he kept pushing
"Mommy, I love bananas". 
 I warned, "If you peel it, you must eat the whole thing". 
He replies "I will, I really will".

I'm cringing as he pulls back the bruised peel (thinking we'd soon be discussing him finishing it, and not throwing it away), but I stood amazed at the sight.. A perfect banana, not one bruise on the fruit.  And it actually had much more of that banana flavor that he loves.  And he DID love it, "yummy".
 
And so what, even if the fruit were a little damaged, the coolest part is that even a rotting awful banana
can be made into something wonderful...Moist, Delicious banana bread that would fill the house with the
glorious scent of goodness.  The heat from the oven would warm our bodies and we would be satisfied. 

I think back and wonder how many times I have passed up a good opportunity to meet someone (or develop a deeper relationship) based on their "peel".  That thought leaves ME feeling rotten.  What if God were to pass me up based on MY peel, and my mistakes?  It's heart breaking to think how selfish we are to judge others.  But it is our choice to do so, and our choice NOT to do so.  Today, I chose NOT to judge.

Psalm 119:18 (GOD’S WORD Translation)
Uncover my eyes so that I may see the miraculous things in your teachings
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer

Thank you for the L♥VE!