Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Are you a Facebooker?

Are you a Facebooker? 
If so, read the article found on the link below, then take a good look at your friends list.  In my opinion, it's not just the opposite sex and 'friendships that form' sort of thing, as much as the attention that you are taking away from your spouse/family by spending so much time on FB (or Internet in general) reading things that:
 A) Aren't too important, or B) Aren't any of your business. 

I have struggled in the past finding balance between hopping online for a few minutes and spending time with my family.  I'm so easily distracted.. I get online to find a recipe, 30 minutes later supper still hasn't been started ..BUT I now know the latest in the FB world, and really, why? 

Okay enough from me, here is the link

http://www.crosswalk.com/family/marriage/divorce-and-remarriage/facebook-divorce-stats-couples-be-wise-experts-say.html

1 comment:

  1. I feel more tuned in to my family since leaving FB. I do, of course, know fewer of the details of my friends' and acquaintances' lives, but I do not have the spare mental or emotional energy for all of that information right now. I have also found that I use the phone and email more now, which seems more personal than the one-liner connections of a FB Wall. (I also make a point of checking my friends' blogs regularly!)
    At times, I have thought about rejoining and only "friending" women friends, or perhaps joining as a couple and sharing an account.
    For now though, I don't get to all of my responsibilities as it is, so I don't think it's realistic for me to think I could reintroduce Facebook time into my life without something else becoming pushed aside.

    ReplyDelete

Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer

Thank you for the L♥VE!