Sunday, December 12, 2010

YES! I did it! Pancakes!

My sweetheart and I had a nice morning making breakfast together.  Here's what we tried today.

FROM THIS:
 TO THIS:
 THE RESULTS, THESE BEAUTIFUL HOT CAKES! 

I used a pancake recipe found here.  I added cinnamon because I've read/heard that it's healthy.  There are some statistics on it from the health diaries .  Cinnamon can help with cholesterol, blood sugar, yeast infections, reduction in cancer cells, anti-clotting effect in blood.  It's also a natural food preservative. 
 Although, we sure didn't need that last benefit, there was only one pancake left when the breakfast dishes were cleared

  
What I love about this, even more than the fact that it's healthier, is that it's less clutter!  No need to stock an extra box on a shelf, the recipe uses ingredients I already keep on hand.


I dedicate this post to my dad.  The grandkids always beg for his pancakes when they have sleep overs there.  He uses a boxed mix, but he makes them into the cutest teddy bear shapes.
 Maybe he'll ditch the box & give this simple recipe a try next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer

Thank you for the L♥VE!