Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Love and a Hate

First of all I want to share with you a great deal that Amazon has going on right now. 

Farmer's Market Foods Organic Canned Pumpkin, 15-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)

For just...... $10.20

when you sign up for subscribe and save.  My first shipment came today, and I've already ordered a second.  The cans that came today expire in 2013, but I doubt they'll make it that long in this house!



Secondly, I want to share with you how much I DISLIKE this product:  Big Boss Grill.  The texture of the Teflon was uneven in some spots, scratched in another.  and there is a major design flaw that when the plates are snapped into place there is a gap where the batter can drip down into the area that houses the heating element.  Simply using less batter may have been a solution.  But I measured the 1 TBSP. exactly as the recipe book that came with it suggested.  This thing also put off a ton of smoke while I was trying to make donuts in it today.  The donuts came out rubbery, not anything like the delicious prepackaged gas station cake donuts (come on, you know they're tasty!).
So  I called the company and they wont refund my purchase.  But they will send me a new one.  Whaaaaat??  I don't want a new one!  So I'll try returning it to the store next time I'm out running errands 40 minutes away with two kids in tow!  blah!  But let me make this clear, the product itself is a great idea, just needs some tweaking.

Well, Christmas vacation is coming to an end here.  Soon the princess will be back in school and the man of the house will be back at work.  It's been great to have everyone together so much and see so much family! 
Speaking of family, just one more Christmas celebration to go!  Thankfully this one I know what I'm supposed to make, and we're just doing $5 grab bag gifts for the adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer

Thank you for the L♥VE!