Sunday, June 7, 2015

To My Dear MOPS Moms


Good Morning,

As we were driving to Clear Lake yesterday I noticed a beautiful flowering bush in the ditch just a quarter mile from my house.  It was so full and bright that I actually slowed down and made sure everyone in the van saw it.  I told my husband and kids of the theory that you grow where you’re planted. 

I started to tear up, but also rejoiced, knowing that it’s so true.

I have felt God nudging me to lay down my role as Publicity Coordinator for more than a year.  I don’t want to.  I love every aspect of being on the steering team, even the tough ones.  I’ve been a part of MOPS for 7 years, and it’s really carried me through so many different stages.  The speakers and women I’ve learned alongside of have inspired me in so many ways.

But the deal is I just can’t go where I don’t feel God personally leading me.  It’s overwhelmingly scary and exciting to think, “What’s next for me?”  I’m not sure exactly what God is calling me into doing, but I am trusting that he will help me to grow wherever I am planted. 

I trust that whoever fills this position, and any other open leadership positon, will grow where they are planted too.  All for the glory of God, and his people. 

I swear to you this was NOT an easy decision.  I’ve prayed over it, sought out wise counsel, and taken on another year even after I was sure God was telling me that I needed to be done.  Sometimes I just go ahead and do my own thing, but life is always so much more satisfying when I do what I feel God is leading me into doing, not just what I enjoy doing.

I have such a passion for moms, kids, families, and social media.  I bet there is someone out there with these same passions that could fill this role.

I’d be happy to help train new leadership and continue adding updates to the Facebook page through the summer.

I apologized to the steering team for stepping down, and they have been gracious in their understanding.  Now I’m also apologizing to all of you fabulous MOPS moms.  I am really sorry to do this, but I already know in my heart that God has a person to fill this positon and that they will do an even better job than what has already been done.  Please pray with me that they would be BRAVE and come forward to fill this position. 

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer

Thank you for the L♥VE!