Of all the Build-a-Bears in the house, the 7yr old suddenly needed this one tonight.
To be truthful, I thought about telling him to grow up & look for it in the morning.
Because really:
1. It was already a full hour or better past bedtime.
2. I had no idea where to even start looking for it, since we hadn't seen it for months. So why does he need it now? Right now.
3. He's plenty old enough to not need a stuffed animal.
4. I was h-angry. So hungry it made me angry.
5. I was still trying to paint a canvas and didn't particularly want to be interrupted.
Instead though, I chose to offer compassion & sympathy to my hurting child. I didn't really get it, but I scoured the house anyway. Fast.
The minutes went by and I wasn't having any luck. I feared I had sold it on a garage sale...
Finally I found it in a basket under the toddler's crib. Goal!
He was so grateful to hug his Buddy Bear again. I wish y'all could've seen the look I his face when he embraced that bear.
You found it! Thank you mama! My buddy bear!
#GrowingGratefulKids
No comments:
Post a Comment
Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer
Thank you for the L♥VE!