http://bible.us/97/2SA7.28.MSG
The verse of the day was perfectly fitting for my mood this morning.
“And now, Master God , being the God you are, speaking sure words as you do, and having just said this wonderful thing to me, please, just one more thing: Bless my family; keep your eye on them always. You’ve already as much as said that you would, Master God ! Oh, may your blessing be on my family permanently!”
It's a scary thing to think I may not always be able to watch over my family.
Sending the kids off to school leaves me feeling helpless. I can't be there to troubleshoot any problems they have, or to comfort them from the harsh words they will at some point be told.
The thought that someday I won't be here at all for them, or for my husband is an even worse feeling. I don't think I'm so important that they won't survive without me. But I do think things would be tough for them at first. I've started training the older kids to fold and put away their own laundry, as well as do their dishes. I've planted the seed of Christ in them and helped them to develop friendships. I've taught two of them to be honest in all situations, and I'm still working on teaching the littlest one. ;)
I believe:
Having a love for Christ
Being honest
Knowing how to be a friend (& being compassionate)
Basic communication & people reading skills
Are a few of the most important keys to a happy life.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer
Thank you for the L♥VE!