Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day

It was just an hour before it officially turned "Mother's Day".  I was sitting on the bed talking with the Princess & the Prince and listening to their stories. The Baby was sitting on my lap, and out of nowhere she spits up on my "good sweatpants".... I smile, wipe it off & keep listening.  In my head, I was reminded of my teen-mom days, when something like this would cause me to change my outfit in disgust and immediately try to wash out whatever got on my clothes.  A few minutes later we are saying prayers and we hear a noise outside. The Princess gets scared.  The lights got flipped off and I stuck my head between the curtain and the window to see what was going on.  Someone was lighting off fireworks for me!  I can only assume it was for me, since it is just about to be MY day.  Mr. Awesome and The Princess put on shoes and take off down the street to check it out.  Yes, at 11pm.  I tell the kids how thoughtful that someone did that, even though I couldn't see the fireworks very well I appreciated the thought.  The oldest rolls her eyes.  She reminds me, of me.  Knowing these are the moments that make up motherhood, I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer

Thank you for the L♥VE!