A Successful Fail, or is it a failed success? I have not been baking much. I figure while I'm trying to lose this baby weight it's healthier to stay away from baking all together. So when I do make some kind of treat I try to add my own little healthy twist to it.
Well, I added spirulina to our cookies last time... If any of you are familiar with this green goodness, you know that it is kind of famous for it's nutritious value... oh, and its fishy taste!
A little bit goes a LONG way.. I mean a really long way! We're talking a teaspoon will do... for the whole batch!
I made cookies again today and this time I decided rather than substituting honey for the sugar like I usually do, I'd go ahead and use the sugar, but only half the amount.
Well... That was a fail. These things aren't delicious and addicting at all! Or wait, is that a success?
I mean they taste okay, but they don't leave me wanting more, more, more! Both times that I've screwed up I decided that it's really okay, because I did achieve my goal, to have a healthier treat option. And sometimes, healthier just means having less.
Go ahead, have your cake and eat it too. I mean, what's the point if you're miserable about it? Might as well enjoy it! Just try to enjoy LESS of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer
Thank you for the L♥VE!