I think a handful of my FB friends are far too young for Facebook, even if its primarily for games, or only to talk to their friends. I have some teen girls as FB friends who post pictures more revealing than anything I would post at 26 years old, and their profiles are PUBLIC! These kids are just not ready for social media. My daughter would love her own Facebook account. But she's 10. It's against FB's policy & against our family policy. A friend of hers posted a couple videos of them playing & my daughter was mortified. She thought they were just having fun, but never wanted to be online for everyone to see. She cried about it off & on for days. My 5 year old, on the other hand, is constantly asking if I will put his picture on Facebook. He thinks it is awesome to show his lego creations or new clothes to the entire world. These sweet children just don't realize how big the world really is. Social media can play a role in our emotional well being (yay! I have 15 new notifications vs. No notifications in 3 days) as well as mental health (cyber bullying). How will you protect your kids from social media?
https://www.jonacuff.com/blog/something-every-parent-needs-to-be-ready-for-in-2013/
No comments:
Post a Comment
Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer
Thank you for the L♥VE!