Thursday, February 10, 2011

Link: Info on Kids PJ's & Chemicals

http://green.yourway.net/3-ways-to-get-the-flame-retardant-out-of-your-kids-fuzzy-pajamas/
Check out the link above.  I really can't add much of anything to this great post.  Except we had a  "fire retardant" comforter that caused me a bundle of health problems.  I'm 90% certain my problems started from a certain zebra comforter that looked beautiful, but stunk like chemicals.  I guess looks can be deceiving.

2 comments:

  1. The link doesn't seem to be opening so I can't read the article right now. I'll try again later.
    The title made me think of when Elle was born. I remember the stench that came with her brand new car seat. Blech!! The off-gassing from the flame retardant in the fabric was just disgusting. I hated to put my brand new bundle of innocence into all those chemicals. A good washing helped the smell, but I'm sure it didn't get rid of all the chemicals potentially soaking into her skin. :( I can see the value in having flame retardant in things like pjs and car seats, but I sure wish there were some way to make them less toxic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to find the article. Good stuff! One reason to be thankful for second hand jammies. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Psalm 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer

Thank you for the L♥VE!